Publisher Ysbryd Games and developer Necrosoft Games have announced Demonschoola school life strategy RPG with hints of personas, Shin Megami Tensei, and Italian horror cinema. It will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam and itch.io in 2023.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Demonschool is a new-style tactics RPG where motion equals action. Defeat big weirdos in between the human and demon worlds as Faye and her misfit companions, while navigating university life on a mysterious island.
- Tactics – Rewind any action during the planning phase and create combos to dispatch your foes.
- Story – A light horror narrative told through huge avatars with side quests aplenty.
- Schedule – Plan your school schedule to level your characters and build their skills.
- Friendship – 15 characters with whom to build relationships.
Battle System Basics
- Units interact contextually with their environment. Enemies will be struck, objects moved, or the character will simply dash.
- Plan movements at your leisure, and execute them all at once. You can also rewind actions during the planning phase.
- Buffing friends and debuffing enemies compounds damage output. Note the damage numbers!
- Combos do big damage and produce unique elemental attacks, which you can use to exploit enemy weaknesses.
- faye – Last in line of the final demon hunting family on the planet Earth. Loves to punch up, cares about everybody.
- Fate – A pugilist through and through. A good guy who believes in you to his detriment.
- Namako – Photography nerd who keeps everything packed down in a tight little knot in her stomach ’til she explodes.
- Knute – Pragmatic media enthusiast who always sees all the angles. Trying to be more positive these days.
Explore a mysterious island that reveals its mysteries morning, noon, and night, day by day, week by week, across a university semester. Plan your team’s schedule to enhance their skills and gain new abilities. Gain new teammates and enhance their relationships depending on who you choose to pursue.
Watch the announcement trailer below. See the first screenshots at the gallery.